Click this figure to download.
- NEW The latest version is on 06 September 2023. Carbonic Acid (HOCOOH) was newly detected. Hence, the 295 molecules have been detected so far.
- The latest version is on 29 August 2023. NH2C(O)CH2OH, H2CCCH+, and H2CCCN were newly detected. Hence, the 294 molecules have been detected so far.
- The latest version is on 25 June 2023. HSO was newly detected. Hence, the 291 molecules have been detected so far.
Thanks to the adivice of a user of this website, the detected year for C2H5SH, the reference of HC4NC, and the Journal page of HCCNCH+ were added or corrected.
- The latest version is on 25 May 2023. C4H5CN was newly detected. Double counting for H2NCO+ was corrected.
The 290 molecules have been detected so far.
- The latest version is on 04 May 2023. HMgCCCN, NaCCCN, MgC4H+, MgC3N+, MgC6H+, and MgC5N+ were newly detected.
This site is edited by Mitsunori Araki, Max-Planck-Institut fuer extraterrestrische Physik. E-mail:
■ Sortable for numbers of atoms, species of atoms included, functional groups and detected years
■ References of the first detections are linked.
■ Clouds, telescopes, and column densities for the first detections are listed.
■ For details, see a readme sheet in the Excel file.
■ CAUTION: This list includes tentatively detected molecules. Check the status column.